PURPOSE OF THE MEETING
The general purpose of the online meeting is for the View Legal lawyer to confirm the customer’s instructions and intentions, and that the documents accurately reflect this.
While it is likely that all parties have prepared well for the meeting and that the customer has a good knowledge of the estate planning issues, it is important that key issues are discussed in the meeting to meet our legal obligations.
BOOKING THE ONLINE MEETING
Please book a convenient time for the online meeting between the customer, one of our specialist estate planning lawyers and yourself through our online calendar here.
Once View Legal has finalised the booking, you will receive a calendar invite which will include the details of how to join the meeting. Please accept this invite as you will not receive a separate email with the meeting details.
PREPARING FOR THE ONLINE MEETING
The time allocated to each meeting will depend on the service level chosen in accordance with our estate planning solutions. A summary of our adviser facilitated estate planning solutions can be found at the following link:
To ensure the best experience for all parties, please ensure both you and your customer follow these 2 steps:
- launch the online meeting software at least 15 minutes before the appointed meeting time; this helps to ensure that you can access the screen sharing technology; and
- remain in the online meeting for the entire duration
In preparation for the online meeting, please ensure both you and the customer:
- have carefully read through any draft documents before the online meeting so that each of you are familiar with the contents;
- have watched the relevant video below so that all parties understand the key concepts that we will be discussing during the meeting (this is compulsory for Entry packages):
CANCELLING OR RE-SCHEDULING AN ONLINE MEETING
If a booked meeting needs to be cancelled or rescheduled, please click the cancel or reschedule button in the confirmation and reminder emails sent by Calendly. If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com, and one of our team will be able to assist you. If cancellations are requested with less than 24 hours notice, it is likely a change of package will be required.
CONTACTING VIEW LEGAL BY EMAIL
We suggest that all communication be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org so that the best placed team member can action your request as soon possible. The online meeting lawyer can be copied in, if necessary.
IMPORTANT THINGS TO NOTE
1. Please ask the customer to carefully review the draft documents and advise us of any changes, if possible, before the online meeting.
The customer should sign the draft will and power of attorney documents we provided before the online
2. For Entry packages, it is compulsory to watch the 20-minute online education course prior to the online
meeting. For Compliance, Comprehensive and Concierge packages, viewing is recommended, however optional.
There are two links (i.e two different online education courses) one for non-testamentary trust submissions and
the other for testamentary trusts, these are linked on the previous page.
3. We try to accommodate after office hours online meeting bookings. However, our estate planning lawyers are
available for meetings between 7.00AM and 6.00PM AEST (with the meeting finishing by 7.00PM), Mondays
to Fridays (except public holidays). We can also accommodate weekend meetings and availabilities as per the
online meeting booking page on the website.
4. Please note that if a couple package is selected, it is compulsory that both customers attend the online meeting to enable issuing of our independent advice certificate for your file (confirming that View Legal has provided all legal advice, not the facilitating firm) and determine that the documents are appropriate for the customers’ circumstances.
However, if the customers would prefer to have separate online meetings, we can provide a separate
scope of work and fixed pricing.
5. The online meeting with the customer is necessary so that we can issue our independent advice certificate for your file (confirming that View Legal has provided all legal advice not the advisers firm) and determine that the documents are appropriate for the customers’ circumstances.
6. We confirm that you and the customers can join the online meeting from different locations by using the link password provided in the calendar invite.
CONNECTING TO ZOOM MEETING (APP AND COMPUTER)
The online meeting can be accessed via the free Zoom meeting App, however, iOS users may need to know your Apple ID and password. To Access your Apple ID:
- Click the Settings icon
- Select iTunes and App Store
- View Apple ID
Once your Apple ID is obtained you may revisit the App Store to download the Zoom App. If you are not sure of your
Apple ID password, simply click Forgot Password when the prompt generates and retrieve and reset via the email
address inbox that is listed.
To ensure a pleasant experience with your first Zoom meeting, we highly encourage you to download and install the
Zoom Application beforehand. To download and install the Zoom Application:
- Go to https://zoom.us/download and from the Download Center, click on the Download button under “Zoom Customer For Meetings”.
- This application will automatically download when you start your first Zoom meeting.
- Once the download is complete, proceed with installing the Zoom application onto your computer.
For a printable version of this information, refer to the attached flyer.